- "My corporate attorneys told me not to hire you, but every judge and lawyer friend I know told me that we would need a woman if we had any chance at winning. And with a jury made up of mostly minorities, a woman of color would be best. So I found you. Turns out, there aren't a lot of women like you out there, which is why I went against my instincts and chose to ignore this. Maybe it's even made you more sympathetic to the jury, I thought. But now...don't give your people a bad name."
- —Wallace Mahoney to Annalise Keating[src]
Wallace Mahoney is a supporting character on How to Get Away with Murder. He is a rich, misogynist, racist. He owns a company. Annalise took his son as a client. Wallace is famous for making threats and being a respected public figure.
Wallace Mahoney's son, Charles Mahoney was put on trial for murdering his fiancée. Annalise Keating took the case. The key witness to the case was their cleaning lady, Rose Edmond. Annalise tells the Mahoney family that Rose has agreed to testify, but she will do it in a protected room. She will have her voice obscured. The family is reluctant at first but Mahoney steps in and eases their minds. His tone changes into a threatening one as he tells Annalise that their son's life is at stake. Rose does not show up to her trail. This makes the Mahoney family uncomfortable, and it also places the case in jeopardy. Wallace approaches Annalise, and she assures him that she will get her back. Wallace tells her that he only hired her because she was black and a woman. This would allow him to have a sympathetic edge to the jury. He explains his doubts and utters "Don't give your people a bad name". Wallace Mahoney calls Annalise after discovering that Rose was caught by immigration. He asks what her plan is and Annalise assures him that she has everything under control. Wallace says "Good, No need for me to keep bothering then". Wallace calls Annalise again explaining that Rose tried to run away. ("She Hates Us", "It's a Trap", "Something Bad Happened")
Wallace Mahoney shows up at Annalise's hotel. He is not happy, he wonders how she plans to win this case. Annalise claims that Rose killed herself because she was pressured to testify. Annalise questions why Rose would lie for Wallace. He flips the script and explains he is the only person who knows that Annalise was the only one who went to see Rose the day she killed herself. It is revealed that when Annalise confronted Mahoney, she put the pieces together and discovered that Rose was raped by Mahoney. Mahoney is Christophe's father. Wallace uses a woman to seduce Frank. She gives Frank a lot of money to plant a bug into Annalise's hotel. The woman overhears Annalise tell Eve that she is going to report that Rose was threatened by Mahoney. The woman calls Wallace Mahoney and he says "Take care of it". There is a flash forward to the moment where Annalise is being hit by a car. ("There's My Baby")
Around August 2009, Wallace Mahoney moves his business, Mahoney Investment Fund (formerly Mahoney Hedge Management) along with his family, to Manhattan, New York. Following his move, his business was a major success, so much so that he was called "Wall Street's Newest Titan" after his best year yet in 2010. ("There's My Baby")
Mahoney's body after being shot. ("Anna Mae")
It's around July 2015 and Mahoney is seen exiting a building in New York. He is on the phone and says "I want to be there, but tell me how we explain that to anyone?". He pauses for a moment listening to the other end of the phone. "No, the minute I show up, gossip starts, and this--all we've been doing, that's all anyone is going to talk about." Upon noticing that Wes is staring at him he places his phone to his chest. "Can I help you?" Mahoney asks with great distaste for the African American boy staring at him. Wes fumbles and tries to utter a single word but nothing is coming out. Mahoney is frustrated, the lower class has a way of doing this to him. "I-I think I'm your son" Wes finally spits out, trembling. Wallace freezes for a moment. His upper lip quivers, "Why would you think that?" His eyes are locked on this black child that stares him down. Only Wallace knew the truth that Wes was Charles's son. "Annalise Kea-" Wes cannot finish his sentence before blood is splattered all over his face and clothes. Wes barely heard the bone-chilling crack of gunfire. This scene was all too familiar to him. The body sprawled out in front of him with a wounded head--Sam. The loud sound of gunfire followed by a fallen victim--Annalise. The blood oozing out of the body at such a rapid pace, he knows that there is nothing that he can do--Rose. Death had numbed him, so much death. All he can do now is run away. Wallace Mahoney is dead. ("Anna Mae")
- Rose Edmond: (indirectly caused) Rose took her own life when she thought that she and her son were no longer safe as she was being forced to testify at the Mahoney Case for something that she had never seen. ("Something Bad Happened")
- Sam Keating, Jr. (indirectly caused) Wallace took action when Annalise was preparing to go the police about him so he sent a car which hit Annalise's which caused her to lose her baby in the process. Whether this was his primary objective or whether he only meant to scare her off is unknown. ("There's My Baby")
- On January 14, 2016, it was announced that Wilson Bethel, Adam Arkin and Roxanne Hart would be joining the show to play the Mahoney family. Bethel played Charles Mahoney, the Ivy League-educated son, with Arkin played his father Wallace Mahoney and Hart playing his mother Sylvia Mahoney.
|"It's Time to Move On"||"She's Dying"||"It's Called the Octopus"||"Skanks Get Shanked"||"Meet Bonnie"|
|"Two Birds, One Millstone"||"I Want You to Die"||"Hi, I'm Philip"||"What Did We Do?"||"What Happened to You, Annalise?"|
|"She Hates Us"||"It's a Trap"||"Something Bad Happened"||"There's My Baby"||"Anna Mae"|