The season will consist of a total of fifteen episodes. It premiered on September 25, 2014 with "Pilot".
Annalise Keating (Academy-Award Nominee Viola Davis) is everything you hope your Criminal Law professor will be - brilliant, passionate, creative and charismatic. She's also everything you don't expect - sexy, glamorous, unpredictable and dangerous. As fearless in the courtroom as she is in the classroom, Annalise is a defense attorney who represents the most hardened, violent criminals - people who've committed everything from fraud to arson to murder - and she'll do almost anything to win their freedom. On the surface, Annalise seems like she has it all - a successful career and loving husband, Sam (Tom Verica) - but her relationship with a local Philadelphia detective, Nate (Billy Brown), will force her to confront secrets about her life she never saw coming.
Each year, Annalise selects a group of the smartest, most promising students to come work at her law firm. The students vying for this coveted position include Wes Gibbins (Alfred Enoch), a wide-eyed, likable boy-next-door recently accepted off the waitlist; Michaela Pratt (Aja Naomi King), a confident, ambitious overachiever born knowing how to "lean in"; Connor Walsh (Jack Falahee), a sly, sophisticated heartbreaker used to getting any prize he lays his eyes on; Laurel Castillo (Karla Souza), a quiet, sensitive idealist who's easy to underestimate and Asher Millstone (Matt McGorry), an entitled know-it-all born into a world of Ivy League educations and country club memberships. The students all work under two of Annalise's dedicated associates: Frank Delfino (Charlie Weber), a local Philly boy done good, and Bonnie Winterbottom (Liza Weil), a sweet, observant team-player with a hidden edge.
Early in the first season, Wes will become entangled with his mysterious neighbor, Rebecca (Katie Findlay), after she becomes the main suspect in the murder of a beautiful university coed. Annalise's involvement with Rebecca's case will challenge her students' values, convictions, and dreams, as she teaches them the dark truth about the law and our justice system. It's worth it though. Working for Annalise is the opportunity of a lifetime, one that can change the course of our students' lives forever, which is exactly what happens when they find themselves involved in a murder plot that will rock the entire university.
For a breakdown of the characters' appearances, check here.
- Viola Davis - Annalise Keating (9/9)
- Billy Brown - Nate Lahey (9/9)
- Alfred Enoch - Wes Gibbins (9/9)
- Jack Falahee - Connor Walsh (9/9)
- Katie Findlay - Rebecca Sutter (9/9)
- Aja Naomi King - Michaela Pratt (9/9)
- Matt McGorry - Asher Millstone (9/9)
- Karla Souza - Laurel Castillo (9/9)
- Charlie Weber - Frank Delfino (9/9)
- Liza Weil - Bonnie Winterbottom (9/9)
Recurring Guest Stars
- Pete Nowalk teases that the final six episodes will "play with time."
- Marcia Gay Harden and Cicely Tyson will make guest appearances.
- Viola Davis hints that there will be some scenes shown that "you've never seen on network TV."
- There will be cliffhangers out there that may be least expected.
|02||"It's All Her Fault"||07||"He Deserved to Die"||12||"TBA"|
|03||"Smile, or Go to Jail"||08||"He Has a Wife"||13||"TBA"|
|04||"Let's Get to Scooping"||09||"Kill Me, Kill Me, Kill Me"||14||"TBA"|
|05||"We're Not Friends"||10||"Hello, Raskolnikov"||15||"TBA"|
It's All Her Fault
Smile, or Go to Jail
Let's Get Scooping
- Due to this being the first season, it introduces the original main characters: Annalise Keating (Viola Davis), Nate Lahey (Billy Brown), Wes Gibbins (Alfred Enoch), Connor Walsh (Jack Falahee), Rebecca Sutter (Katie Findlay), Michaela Pratt (Aja Naomi King), Asher Millstone (Matt McGorry), Laurel Castillo (Karla Souza), Frank Delfino (Charlie Weber), and Bonnie Winterbottom (Liza Weil).
Gallery of photographic posters used to promote the season.