Christopher Castillo is the biological child of Laurel Castillo and Wes Gibbins. Even though it was originally believed that the baby's father is Wes Gibbins, it was later revealed that Laurel slept with Wes and Frank at the time that her son was conceived. After completing a paternity test, it was evidently clear that the baby's father is Wes. The baby seems to have been conceived in the episode "Is Someone Really Dead?".
Laurel revealed to Annalise in the episode "It's for the Greater Good" that the baby is a boy. In the episode "Live. Live. Live.", Laurel gives birth to him prematurely, and he is ultimately saved by Annalise while the paramedics arrive. It's confirmed in "He's Dead" that Wes is the father, not Frank.
In the series finale "Stay", Christopher was first seen as a toddler with his mother Laurel in the courthouse for his godmother Annalise's trial and then as adult, after attending Annalise's funeral with his mother, he became a become a criminal law professor at Middleton University over the introductory class teaching Criminal Law 100, or as his godmother and mentor Annalise preferred to call the class "How To Get Away With Murder".
A little over 4 months into the pregnancy, Laurel has come to the conclusion that she wants to keep the baby. However, she told her father that she had an abortion after telling him that she was pregnant. While at the Keating 4 dinner, she informed the others that she decided to keep the baby. ("I'm Going Away")
Three months later, Laurel somehow has the baby but it is unknown what has happened to the baby, whether it survived or not. ("I'm Going Away")
After Laurel suffers an accidental blow to the stomach, she becomes trapped in an elevator where she begins bleeding heavily. Laurel is found unconscious by Annalise where she spots that Laurel had given birth to the baby. Guided by a 911 operator, Annalise desperately struggles to remove the baby from the elevator and perform CPR. As the episode ends, the sound of a baby's cry is heard, showing that Annalise succeeded in saving his life. ("Live. Live. Live.")
- Seemingly conceived in "Is Someone Really Dead?".
- It is unknown whether Laurel knew she was pregnant before the fire (as we as viewers found out because she had tests done while she was in hospital). In "We're Bad People", while in a flashback, Laurel is talking to Wes in a bathtub about the condom breaking the last time they had sex. This might mean that she knew she was pregnant before the fire, but it is only hinted at, nothing more.
Christopher as portrayed by Braylon Jackson. ("Say Goodbye")
- He was born 2 months premature.
- In the fifth season, despite being male, Christopher is portrayed by a female infant and her twin sister.
- In the sixth season premiere, "Say Goodbye", a older Christopher is portrayed by Braylon Jackson in a hallucination.
- In the sixth season finale, "Stay", a fully grown up Christopher is portrayed by Alfred Enoch in Annalise's funeral set at least 20 years after Annalise's murder trial.
- Also in the finale he is revealed to have become a criminal law professor over the introductory class, Criminal Law 100, or as his mentor Annalise preferred to call the class "How To Get Away With Murder".
|"I'm Going Away"||"I'm Not Her"||"It's for the Greater Good"||"Was She Ever Good at Her Job?"||"I Love Her"|
|"Stay Strong, Mama"||"Nobody Roots for Goliath"||"Live. Live. Live."||"He's Dead"||"Everything We Did Was For Nothing"|
|"He's a Bad Father"||"Ask Him About Stella"||"Lahey v. Commonwealth of Pennsylvania"||"The Day Before He Died"||"Nobody Else Is Dying"|
|"Say Goodbye"||"Vivian's Here"||"Do You Think I'm a Bad Man?"||"I Hate the World"||"We're All Gonna Die"|
|"Family Sucks"||"I'm the Murderer"||"I Want to Be Free"||"Are You the Mole?"||"We're Not Getting Away With It"|
|"The Reckoning"||"Let's Hurt Him"||"What If Sam Wasn't the Bad Guy This Whole Time?"||"Annalise Keating Is Dead"||"Stay"|