She joined Tim Crouch in the Obie Award–winning An Oak Tree at The Barrow Street, and Jayson with a Y with The New Group. At The Beckett, she played roles in Anaïs Nin: One of Her Lives and Wasps in Bed. She has been deemed "Off-Broadway Favorite" by Theatremania and was called "priceless" by The New York Times.
Film and TelevisionEdit
Reiner has appeared in several films, including Kissing Jessica Stein, The Vicious Kind, Arranged, Schooled, That Awkward Moment and 5 Flights Up. In 2004, she played the role of Christine Erganian, Thomas Haden Church's character's fiancee, in the film Sideways, which won Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture. She also had roles in the number of independent films. On television, Reiner has appeared on over 50 different show as series regular, guest star or in recurring roles, including Natalie Figueroa in the Netflix comedy drama series, Orange Is the New Black. In 2014 she joined the cast of ABC legal drama series, How to Get Away with Murder produced by Shonda Rhimes, in a recurring role of D.A. Wendy Parks, a prosecutor who goes up against Viola Davis' character. In 2014, Reiner announced that she will be launching Broad Street Pictures to produce films with strong female roles.
- ↑ http://www.huffingtonpost.com/alysia-reiner/
- ↑ http://blogs.indiewire.com/womenandhollywood/alysia-reiner-talks-about-being-a-part-of-orange-is-the-new-black
- ↑ http://www.thedailybeast.com/witw/articles/2013/08/02/orange-is-the-new-black-s-badass-asst-warden-talks-gender-roles.html
- ↑ http://www.shape.com/celebrities/interviews/orange-new-black-s-alysia-reiner-i-m-total-mush-ball
- ↑ http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/abcs-how-get-away-murder-724114
- ↑ http://variety.com/2014/film/news/orange-is-the-new-black-actress-production-company-1201214237/
- ↑ http://www.davidalanbasche.com/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/alysiareiner/status/283618312028581889